Friday, August 25, 2006

People Behind The KDE

I didn't have time to read the story, but I really love this lovely logo.

Who are these creative people? Why are they working on KDE? What motivates them to contribute to the project? What do they eat? Who are their favourite writers, singers and actors? Well... you get the picture.

At this web site there are interviews with the people who work on KDE to find the answers to questions like these. As well as coders we also interview artists, translators, publicity people and everyone else that is involved in KDE.

New Series 2005-07-10

People Behind KDE is back!

The People Behind KDE pages were started in 2000 by Tink. She handed over the maintenance in 2005 to the KDE-NL team. Before the new launch of these series she wrote us the following by email.

I am proud to be a part of this wonderful vibrant community and that I have been able to make a small contribution to it.

Five years ago I published the first People Behind KDE interview featuring Matthias Ettrich. I am happy that over those five years the idea and goal behind the People Behind KDE has come true. I think we managed to show the more personal side of the people who make up the KDE community and that you don't need to be a core-developer to participate and become a valuable KDE contributor. Every contribution, no matter how small counts. Over the years I have received extensive positive feedback that showed me how much the People Behind KDE series was appreciated.

I'm extremely proud of and grateful to the KDE-NL community for taking over from me and continuing on the path I set with the interviews. I am confident that the KDE-NL team will do an awesome job. Great work guys!

No comments: